Paul Sweeney and Terry van der Velde established SV Partners in 2003. In doing so, it was a realisation of their collective vision towards creating a national, specialist, insolvency focused practice.
Prior to establishing SV Partners, Terry and Paul had been partners in a large, general accountancy practice and it was during that time that they decided that a truly specialised firm would provide significant advantages for clients. Paul’s vision continues to drive and influence SV Partners’ philosophy of specialised services and accessibility.
Originating in Queensland, SV Partners then established a NSW presence in 2006, later adding our Victorian arm in 2011 through the acquisition of CJL Partners. We have expanded further in New South Wales with the acquisition of RMG Partners.
In addition to expanding geographically, we have also sought to leverage our business and position in the marketplace by offering a suite of professional services which complement each other. In that respect, our suite of services extend throughout:
- SV Partners Forensics
- SV Strategic Solutions, focusing on business improvement strategies
- Smartfee, focusing on fee funding solutions
Through this combination of organic growth, acquisition and leveraging of business opportunity, SV Partners now boasts some impressive numbers:
- 17 offices across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania providing essential accessibility and allowing us to better serve our referrers and clients
- A staff in excess of 150, including over 70 accountants
- An extensive referral base comprised of accountants, lawyers and related professionals