Who are we?
We are a specialist insolvency accounting firm made up of over 100 passionate, highly-skilled individuals. A mid-tier firm with a national presence, our employees enjoy the systems and processes of a larger firm, with the recognition and fast-tracked progression of a small firm.
At SV, we strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and acknowledged through an inclusive workplace built on our company values – respect, service and teamwork. We know that without diversity, creativity remains stagnant, and we pride ourselves on being an Organisation where problem-solving and finding creative, out-of-the-box solutions is encouraged.
If you want to work at a firm where you won’t get lost in the crowd, read on.
We are going through an exciting period of growth here at SV Partners with multiple opportunities available across the firm nationally.
Our Sunshine Coast office is currently looking for an Intermediate Insolvency Accountant to join our tight-knit team in beautiful Mooloolaba! This is a dynamic and challenging role where you will be assisting the team with the planning and control of small to medium sized jobs, as well as stepping up and performing the more complex work that comes with larger matters. Part of a team responsible for covering the Sunshine Coast, you will be exposed to a wide variety of matters across various industries on a daily basis – an excellent opportunity if you’re a motivated accountant looking to fast-track your career in the exciting and niche area of insolvency.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, Law or similar;
- Minimum of 12 months experience across personal and corporate insolvency;
- The drive to build a career in the specialised and sometimes challenging area of insolvency;
- A high level of emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills;
- Proven time management skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Possess knowledge of the Corporations Act, Bankruptcy Act and insolvency law, with the ability to apply relevant legislation.
In addition, it would be a bonus to have:
- CA/CPA qualification or be working towards it;
- Experience in MYOB Insolvency or MYOB Suite;
- Knowledge of Power BI, FYI Docs or Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Real career progression with development and education encouraged;
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills;
- Access to our Employee Assistance program;
- Mentorship and guidance from your Manager who you will work directly alongside;
- Study support and leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Regular in-house technical training from internal and external industry experts allowing you to continually upskill;
- Additional support staff to allow you to spend more time on the job and less time on administration tasks;
- An automation team streamlining systems and processes giving you more time to spend on tasks that require a human touch;
- Office located in the heart of beautiful, sunny Mooloolaba with flexible work opportunities;
- Tight-knit team with regular face-time with the Director for the Sunshine Coast – fantastic opportunity to build rapport and relationships with the wider Director group;
- Support to develop your networking skills through a range of networking events.
Apply for this role