About SV Partners
Made up of over 100 passionate, highly-skilled employees across a range of both professional and services roles, SV Partners, established in 2003 is a specialist accounting and expert advisory firm represented throughout Australia. With offices in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Western Australia and South Australia, we provide professional insolvency accounting, turnaround strategy advice, forensic and advisory services to accountants, financial institutions, corporations, financial and legal advisers, and their clients.
Your new role
We have an exciting new opportunity in our Sydney office for a driven individual with an interest in insolvency. A typical day will include a wide variety of activities, predominantly providing administrative support to our insolvency accountants, however there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to work directly alongside our professional staff by assisting with junior accounting tasks as required.
Your daily tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Insolvency appointment creation and maintenance;
- Preparation of standard appointment notification letters and other standard letters;
- General operation of MYOB Insolvency, which includes data processing and generating precedent templates;
- Conduct searches on companies and individuals;
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS for insolvency appointments;
- Preparation and monitoring of ASIC statutory lodgements;
- Additional office duties where required including reception relief, filing and general office errands.
Ideally, you will have experience in an insolvency support role or possess a sound understanding of accounting, however if you’re a motivated individual with an interest in insolvency then we’d love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Proven time management skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships in the workplace through strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise confidently with stakeholders, often during challenging situations;
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative and work autonomously;
- A strong foundation in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- The drive to build a career in the specialised and sometimes challenging area of insolvency;
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or commerce desirable, but not essential.
What you’ll receive in return
- The opportunity to grow your career in an environment where development and education is encouraged;
- Access to other Professional Support Officers across all experience-levels for guidance;
- Regular in-house technical training;
- Great location in the heart of Sydney CBD;
- Opportunity to work closely with a broad range of staff, including Directors;
- Ongoing, real-time feedback from your direct supervisor;
- Friendly and driven team environment.