02 Dec Matthew Ormsby
Matthew commenced his insolvency career in 2008 and now leads a team in both corporate and personal insolvencies, specialising in Voluntary Administrations and Personal Insolvency Agreements.
Matthew volunteers his time to winSA and is currently the treasurer. winSA is a not for profit association providing educational and networking opportunities to those working within the insolvency sphere.
- Voluntary Administrations
- Deed of Company Arrangements
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidations
- Personal Insolvency Agreements
- Administration and Deed of Company Arrangement of a regional construction company providing a better return to unsecured creditors than liquidation and maintaining employment for the company’s staff.
- Liquidation of a large primary health care provider including preparation of expert’s insolvency report, investigating conduct and prosecuting claims.
- Liquidation of a civil construction entity which identified a series of fraudulent transactions. Those transaction were report to the police and resulted in the perpetrator being convicted and receiving a custodial sentence.
- Liquidation of a large electrical contractor including conducting public examinations of numerous 3rd parties to investigate the company’s affairs.
- Personal Insolvency Agreement for a debtor which resulted in a greater return to unsecured creditors than if the debtor had been declared bankrupt.
- Registered Liquidator
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Advanced Certificate in Insolvency
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member of Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association