13 Feb Michael Jeston
Michael commenced working for SV Partners in 2011 and leads a team specialising in both corporate and personal insolvency appointments. Michael holds experience in managing a wide range of insolvency appointments including:
- Court Liquidations
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidations
- Voluntary Administrations
- Deed of Company Arrangements
- Debtor’s Petitions
- Sequestration Orders
- S73 Proposals and Annulments
- Building and construction
- Transport and Logistics
- Online Retailers
- Trade and service businesses
- Professional services
- Real Estate
- Franchise/franchisor businesses
- Mining and Exploration
Michael has significant trade on experience in voluntary administrations and court liquidation appointments.
Several key projects which Michael has worked on include the following:
- Responsible for the trade on of Eagle Boys franchisor business during the voluntary administration to enable the sale of business.
- Particular experience in trading on a hardware franchise in an effort to obtain a sale of business while managing numerous litigious claims brought against the company by the franchisor. Negotiated a settlement with the franchisor to obtain a successful outcome in the liquidation of the company.
- Successfully traded a company’s geotechnical soil testing business and obtained a sale as a going concern. Ensured employee entitlements were adopted and continuation of the business.
- Managed the liquidation of a sizeable eBay retailer. The liquidation involved assessing the commerciality of sale of assets, dealing with liens claimed by multiple suppliers over the company’s goods, managing substantial customer enquiries and reporting to numerous stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy and Finance)
- Chartered Accountant
- Advanced Certificate in Insolvency (ARITA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)