12 Jul Mike Leask
Contact our team to find out how we can assist you
Commencing with SV Partners in 2013, Mike’s role involved establishing the new Wollongong office. By leveraging his broad business and community networks, Mike has built ongoing business relationships with local professional firms seeking specialist services in business turnaround, forensic accounting, business valuations and insolvency activities.
Mike has extensive business management experience in the areas of organisational change, strategic business development and improving operational efficiency.
Mike’s business experience originated as a commercial banker before setting up and managing a chain of independent furniture and home wares stores, including a manufacturing and wholesale division. He has extensive overseas sourcing and buying experience, understanding of international trade finance products and operational knowledge of warehouse and distribution logistics.
Mike spent a number of years working as a business advocate for the Australian Retailers Association and is the former CEO of the Illawarra Business Chamber. He is currently the executive officer of the Australian Professional Government Relations Association giving rise to his extensive government and industry wide contacts. He is the former Vice President of the Shoalhaven Business Chamber and former Chairman of a youth mental illness and suicide prevention charity organisation called MindBlank.
Mike has a high level of community engagement being a former business community adviser to the Wollongong City Council’s Economic Development Advisory Board and an Ambassador for the Illawarra Leadership Program which led to him being awarded The Illawarra Connection 2015 Executive MBA scholarship to the Sydney Business School, UOW.
- Commercial Finance
- Extensive business management experience in SME and NFP organisations
- International trade finance and product sourcing
- Retail and Wholesale
- Manufacturing and Logistics
- Franchise experience
- Executive MBA – Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics & Finance) – University of NSW
- Shoalhaven Business Chamber – Vice President 2014 – 2015, Committee 2017
- Shellharbour City Business Chamber – Steering Committee 2014 – 2017
- MindBlank Ltd. – Director – Chairman 2014
- Illawarra Business Chamber – CEO 2012, Regional Advisory Councillor 2016-2017
- Australian Retailers Association – Director – Membership & Commercial Relations 2009 – 2011