12 Jul Jason Porter
Contact our team to find out how we can assist you
Jason is a director of SV Partners and has over 20 years’ experience in corporate and personal insolvency matters at leading insolvency and advisory firms providing practical and commercial advice to financiers, creditors and directors.
Jason has significant experience in bank and financial institution advisory assignments for most of the major banks and second tier financiers. These assignments have included trade on receiverships, security enforcement, property and going concern business sales, investigating accountants’ reports and pre-lending reviews. Jason has significant experience at administering difficult and complex bankrupt estates and is regarded as one of the leading personal insolvency experts in Australia.
Jason has the required expertise to help manage the business recovery and restructuring process, frequently being sought out by financiers, lawyers and creditors to conduct in-depth investigations and examinations. Jason has given evidence before the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Since 2014 Jason has been a member of the committee of the NSW/ACT Division of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA) and is represented on the bankruptcy and education subcommittees. Jason is the chairperson of the NSW/ACT Division insolvency forums and an ARITA representative for new Bankruptcy Trustee application interview panel.
Jason has been a presenter at the 2014 National Practical Bankruptcy Congress in Sydney, the 2015 ARITA National Conference in Perth and at the 2015 and 2016 ARITA NSW State Conferences in Sydney. In 2015 Jason presented on insolvency case experiences to undergraduate law students at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and in 2016 was interviewed by Associate Professor Jason Harris of the UTS in respect of working in bankruptcy for the ARITA Advanced Insolvency Course. In August 2017, Jason was admitted as a Fellow of ARITA in recognition of his services to ARITA and a leader of the restructuring and insolvency profession.
- Entertainment and Media
- Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure
- Managed Investment Schemes
- Personal Insolvency/Bankruptcy
- Photographic and Printing
- The Lemon Tree Sydney – liquidation of Sydney restaurant
- Gavan Products – liquidation of road, rail, military and marine transport equipment company
- Bankruptcy Trustee – paparazzi photographer
- Bankruptcy Trustee of – prominent Sydney businessman
- Manager in charge of the Bankrupt Estate of a Former Queens Counsel
- Lyrebird Express – liquidation of transport business
- 10A Church Street Randwick – Trustee for sale of unit block
- Quattro Formaggi Deli and Wine Bar Mosman – liquidation of deli and wine bar
- Palais Royale – managed receivership of heritage hotel
- 14 Garnett Road East Maitland – managed receivership of commercial property
- Shop 1/274-290 Victoria Street Darlinghurst – managed receivership of commercial property
- Registered Liquidator
- Registered Trustee
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Fellow (RITF)
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA) Insolvency Education Program
- Justice of the Peace
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Fellow – Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- ARITA NSW/ACT Division committee member – including bankruptcy and education sub-committees