Commercial Risk Outlook Report – March 2017
SV Partners have released the key findings within the Commercial Risk Outlook Report for March 2017, providing an analysis of the current state of Australian businesses from an insolvency and prognostic perspective based on commercial risk data.
This Report analyses industries and regions within Australia where incorporated operating businesses are predicted to face financial distress within the next 12 months. This Report also expands on the drivers behind commercial risk and impacts for business owners, while providing insights from a professional insolvency perspective.
The commercial risk data attempts to predict business financial failure based on the likelihood of adverse events including external administrations, defaults, wind up petitions, Mercantile enquiries, bankruptcies, court writs, default judgements, poor trade payment behaviour and seeking legal relief from creditors. The commercial risk data is comprised of the most comprehensive and latest bureau information available.
Nationally, the top 5 industries with businesses at financial risk within the next 12 months, in order of number of businesses are:
- Construction (1854) 3.0% of businesses in the region
- Accommodation and Food Services (1681) 6.7% of businesses in the region
- Retail Trade (1412) 3.0% of businesses in the region
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (1385) 1.5% of businesses in the region
- Manufacturing (844) 2.0% of businesses in the region
The top 5 areas where businesses are at most risk of financial failure within the next 12 months, according to the number of businesses are:
- VIC: Melbourne Inner (927) 2.4% of businesses in the region
- NSW: Sydney City and Inner South (808) 2.5% of businesses in the region
- NSW: Parramatta (638) 4.1% of businesses in the region
- QLD: Brisbane Inner City (594) 3.3% of businesses in the region
- QLD: Gold Coast (527) 3.6% of businesses in the region