14 Sep Malcolm Field
Malcolm has over 15 years’ experience in personal and corporate insolvency plus 7 years business management in the road transport industry with a National carrier in NSW, QLD and WA. He is a strong advocate for negotiated outcomes over formal assignments where possible and is well regarded for his professional values including his cost-conscious mindset, considered and straightforward commercial advice and value-added client outcomes.
Malcolm has worked with boards, bankers and advisers on restructuring and advisory assignments in Agribusiness, Energy & Resources, Healthcare, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Property, Transport and Logistics.
- Insolvency services
- Northam Rentals & Hire, Southern Cross Rentals & Heavy Duty Fitters – court appointment
- Construction – voluntary administration including trade on and sale
- Formal pastoral beef assignments across 4 stations and 2 conditioning farms
- PNG exploration license with operations funded by the secured creditor
- Other major resources assignments involving diverse local and international stakeholder groups
- Adviser to an international lender in circumstances where the property development borrower had ceased to account to the lender. The borrower’s creditors and shareholders were managed through a structured work out program including formal appointments.
- Bankruptcy assignments transferred from AFSA and in other cases at the request of creditors to undertake rigorous investigations (where needed) and attend to more complex property and stakeholder issues.
- Bankruptcy $500,000 preference recovery with the assistance of solicitors and a litigation funder.
- Reviews of personal and corporate structures including trusts to “road test” whether same are effective asset protection measures or open to challenge and divisible amongst creditors in a bankruptcy scenario.
- Registered Liquidator
- Registered Trustee
- Bachelor of Business Accountancy
- Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Professional (RITP)
- Fellow – Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association