Who are we?
We are a specialist insolvency accounting firm made up of over 100 passionate, highly-skilled individuals. A mid-tier firm with a national presence, our employees enjoy the systems and processes of a larger firm, with the recognition and fast-tracked progression of a small firm.
At SV, we strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and acknowledged through an inclusive workplace built on our company values – respect, service and teamwork. We know that without diversity, creativity remains stagnant, and we pride ourselves on being an Organisation where problem-solving and finding creative, out-of-the-box solutions is encouraged.
If you want to work at a firm where you won’t get lost in the crowd, read on.
We are going through an exciting period of growth here at SV Partners with multiple opportunities available across the firm nationally.
Our Brisbane office is currently looking for Senior Insolvency Accountants. This is a dynamic and challenging role where you will be assisting the Manager with the planning and control of small to medium sized jobs, as well as stepping up and performing the more complex work that comes with larger matters. As a Senior Insolvency Accountant, you are strongly encouraged to guide, support and mentor the junior accountants within your team, giving you a platform to develop and hone your management skills which will in turn provide an excellent stepping stone for you to progress to Supervisor.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, Law or similar;
- Minimum 2 years experience across personal and corporate insolvency;
- The drive to build a career in the specialised and sometimes challenging area of insolvency;
- A high level of emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills;
- Proven time management skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Possess an in depth knowledge of the Corporations Act, Bankruptcy Act and relevant insolvency law.
In addition, it would be a bonus to have:
- CA/CPA qualification or being working towards it;
- Experience in MYOB Insolvency or MYOB Suite;
- Knowledge of Power BI, FYI Docs or Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Real career progression with development and education encouraged;
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills;
- Access to our Employee Assistance program;
- Mentorship and guidance from your Manager who you will work directly alongside;
- Study support and leave;
- Regular in-house technical training from internal and external industry experts allowing you to continually upskill;
- Additional support staff to allow you to spend more time on the job and less time on administration tasks;
- An in-house automation team streamlining systems and processes giving you more time to spend on tasks that require a human touch;
- Great location in the heart of Brisbane CBD with flexible work opportunities;
- Regular team lunches, Friday drinks and a fun and active social club;
- Support to develop your networking skills through a range of networking events.
Apply for this role